- Moving is better for your body than standing still, so if you’re working in an area where you stand rather than walk, take small steps or go for short walks to reduce the incidence of pain
- Look for shoes that will support your feet – not ‘sock’ style shoes
- Opt for a shoe with a small heel (around 12 mm)
- Lace ups are better than slip on shoes
- Change your footwear twice per year
Nurses have a higher incidence of lower limb pathology due to their working conditions. Walking on hard surfaces in poor footwear provides no relief to your feet so the best thing to do is update your footwear regularly! If you have any pain or aching, come and see us for an assessment early, so we can look at your risk factors and the underlying cause of the pain which will give you the best treatment long term!