What is it?
- The sole purpose of a Cam Walker, commonly known as a ’’moon boot’’ is to limit mobility in the foot and ankle.
Type of injuries?/How long?
- You may be temporarily prescribed a cam walker by your Podiatrist if you have an acute or chronic injury that needs rest for a period of time, but still allows you to walk. Examples of injuries could include ankle sprains, achilles injuries or even to take pressure off an ulcerated area of the foot.
- The time required for each individual will vary however a typical injury may result in needing to wear the Cam Walker for 2-8 weeks.
Did you know??
- As the boot has a thick sole, this often leads to symptoms in the back or hips.
- We will provide you with an ‘Even-up’, which aims to help level you up in order to reduce the chance of further problems.
Important to know
- As the Cam Walker’s sole purpose is to reduce movement at the time of injury to allow for healing, it is extremely important that proper rehabilitation follows this stage.
- Your Podiatrist will guide you towards a suitable management plan, to help reduce chance of future complications.