Follow these 6 steps when shopping for school shoes for your child:
- There should be a thumb width of room between the longest toe and the end of the shoe (this may be your child’s 2nd toe!)
- Removable insole – A quick way to ensure the shoes are wide enough is to ask your child to stand on the insole.
- There needs to be room for your Pinky finger between the inside of the tongue and the top of your child’s foot
- Good fastenings are a must!– this may be velcro, lace up or buckle
- A small heel of 6-10mm is recommended
- Comfort first! – your child should feel comfortable in the store when trying the shoes on – take your time!
If you are unsure, come into the clinic – we offer a free back to school check pre term, for school children with any queries or concerns about their legs or feet. Call 5223 1531 to book.