Let’s talk toenails…Not the most delightful topic, but oh so important when it comes to looking after your foot health.
Did you know that fungal nail infection happens when the nail becomes discoloured, thickened and brittle? Here is how to minimise your chances of this happening.
- Wash and dry your feet thoroughly
- Wear flip flops in public showers or pool areas
- Dry your socks in the sunlight, since UV is a natural fungus killer!
- Consider adding tea tree oil to your moisturiser, in your next load of sock washing, or even using a diluted tea tree oil spray on your feet to help reduce the risk of a fungal infection
- Go barefoot in public showers or pool areas
- Wear the same socks two days in a row
- Dry your socks inside out of direct sunlight
- Share shoes
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, please call us today for an appointment on 5223 1531