Correctly fitted shoes can make a big difference to your foot health. In fact, up to twice your bodyweight in force is applied through your feet and legs with every step. And did you know that your longest toe may not necessarily be your big toe? Bear this in mind when being fitted for shoes.
- Make sure that there is about 1.5 centimetres (thumb width) of space between your longest toe and the end of the shoe
- Test your shoes on a range of surfaces to see how they feel
- Check that the widest part of the shoe sits where the ball of your foot is
- Underestimate comfort, as evidence shoes that shoe comfort can help reduce the risk of injury
- Ignore any pain signals. If you have pain in your feet, see your podiatrist
- forget to check that your shoes bend to keep comfortable
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, please call us today for an appointment on 5223 1531