CLINIC CLOSURE Monday 15th February – Wednesday 17th February 2021 inclusive –
due to Victoria Wide Stage 4 Lockdown.
Total Care Podiatry are constantly reviewing our response to COVID-19.
If you have any cold/flu like symptoms, have had any contact with a person suspected of having or with COVID-19 or have attended any premises that has had a COVID-19 positive case, please reschedule your appointment or call to arrange a Telehealth appointment. We’d love to see you when you’re well again!
If you have recently come from a designated hot spot we will need to reschedule your appointment, or if appropriate, arrange a Telehealth appointment for you.
For the most up to date alerts and information please check the Victorian Government COVID-19 pages:
In the Clinic
In line with the recommendations of the Victorian Health and Human Services we have implemented a COVID Safe Plan for Total Care Podiatry. The COVID Safe Plan requires our practitioners to wear face mask during your consultation. Our practice is a large clinic with four good sized treatment rooms. This enables us to use alternating rooms so that each room can be thoroughly cleaned between patients.
Under the Victorian COVIDSafe Summer guidelines you are required to have a face mask with you at all times and wear a face mask in all indoor spaces. When you arrive please wear your face mask and make use of the hand sanitiser provided. You may also wash your hands in the patient bathroom. The chairs in the waiting room have the required space between them, however for two or members of the same family, we have opened the running lab/multipurpose room as an additional family waiting area.
For the safety of our staff please stay behind the taped line on the floor in front of the reception desk. You will also see that we have installed perspex safety screens.
Our normal operating hours have now resumed Monday – Friday, including our fortnightly late clinic on alternate Tuesdays until 7:30pm.
The monthly paediatric clinic for Kids+ has now resumed, however we ask that only one parent/carer attends the clinic with only the child who is booked to be seen. This will ensure we don’t have too many people in the clinic at the same time.
Same Day Orthotics
If your condition requires custom orthotics we are now able to offer a same day orthotic service as we have an in-house milling lab. There is no extra charge for this service. The service includes:
- Comprehensive Initial Musculoskeletal consultation
- Plantar pressure and video gait analysis
- 3D and 2D scanning of feet
- Custom prescribed orthotics CADCam designed and milled
If you would like to use this offer please mention it when you call on 5223 1531 to book.
Total Care Podiatry now has two ‘TELEHEALTH’ options if you are unable to leave your home:
- As a community service at this time we have made available three Complimentary TeleHealth Advice sessions per week. This service is about 10 minutes to answer general questions and provide you with advice. It is particularly good if you are a New Patient who needs some help to manage until you’re able to attend the clinic.
- TeleHealth Consultation. For existing patients who are unable to attend the clinic. Using secure Patient Management software our podiatrists will be able to provide online:
- a video conference for you to explain your concerns and receive clinical advice, and, if required
- an exercise and rehabilitation program of video demonstrations within the Physitrack App.
This will enable us to adjust your treatment plan from the comfort of your own home.
The billing for TeleHealth appointments will be the same as usual for NDIS and Veterans. For patients with a Chronic Diseases Management plan (for Medicare rebates) we are able to bulk bill with a new Item number provided by Medicare. For private patients the Fee is $30. Some health funds are providing a rebate for TeleHealth consultations. Check with your Health Fund.
If you’re not sure about whether TeleHealth is right for you please give us a call on 5223 1531 to discuss your situation.
Updated 13th February 2021