Pain can be a subjective experience, yet no matter how it is packaged it shouldn’t be ignored. To avoid pain it is important to have shoes that fit well and are comfortable, since pain in your feet can trigger a ‘chain effect’ of pain elsewhere such as in your hips or knees.
- Rest tired feet and legs, particularly if you stand for long periods of time
- Explore what triggers any foot pain and make note of this for your podiatrist
- Consider applying ice packs to areas of swelling or inflammation
- Ignore pain, since it is your body’s way of letting you know something needs investigation
- Assume hip and knee pain isnt connected to your feet or the way you walk
- Believe all pain is ‘bad’, your podiatrist may advise you to safely work through your foot pain
If you are experiencing pain or discomfort, please call us today for an appointment on 5223 1531