Cold weather and your feet
During winter you may find your feet feeling colder and colder. It is important to do what you can to help your body climatize to the extreme colds.
What to do?
- Wear weather appropriate clothing
- Avoid walking barefoot on cold surfaces
- Wear enclosed shoes
- Try to wear natural fibre socks
- Do not expose your skin to extreme changes in temperature. The body takes time to properly adjust, quick changes may cause irritation or pain to the area as the body is unable to keep up.
- Check the temperature of the water before entering the shower or bath, ensure it is not too hot.