Nails & Skin Care
At Total Care Podiatry your podiatrist will begin by assessing and treating the area of most concern to you. The circulation and sensation in your feet will also be assessed as will any lumps and bumps and/or foot dysfunction that may cause pressure points. Excessive pressure areas under your feet and on your toes can lead to corns and calluses or pressure ulcers.
Because corns, calluses and thickened skin are generally symptoms of other problems, it is important for your podiatrist to examine your feet to work out what could be causing the pressure so they can provide a treatment plan which includes offloading these areas.
Your podiatrist will also provide you with advice on how you can care for your feet to prevent ongoing problems and on whether further treatment is recommended.
Treatments for nail and skin conditions include:
- Painless removal of corns and callus and thickened skin
- Treatment and ongoing advice on preventing cracked heels
- Ingrown Toenail surgery to remove nail spike or complete removal of nail if clinically indicated.
- Fungal nail treatments
- Removal and treatment of plantar warts
- Custom made silicon toe wedges or splinting to straighten overlapped toes or protect and prevent rubbing of toes.